Academic Proofreading Services
English essay correction and proofreading services for students and professionals
We are primarily an English language training company, however we are often asked ‘Can you proofread my essay or assignment?’ Yes, we can.
Do you need to proofread or correct your English essay, article, dissertation or any other type of written work? Are you about to submit an important application, report or assignment? Or maybe you simply want to save time reviewing your writing? If you want to make sure that your written work is free from errors, easy to understand and reads well, we can help.
Our correction and proofreading services are delivered by professional English language teachers. They can correct your mistakes and edit texts such as academic essays or other types of writing. You can also book private lessons or consultations with our teachers, who can help you improve your English writing skills.
Our Correction and Proofreading Services are for:
- Students and professionals who don’t want to risk making a bad impression with their written work
- Students who are submitting academic essays or written assignments and want to increase their marks
- Those who want to make sure their texts are free from spelling and grammar mistakes
- People who want to check if their writing is clear reads easily
- Non-native English users writing in English
- Those who want to save time on reviewing and editing their English writing
- People who make a lot of spelling mistakes
We offer 3 options of proofreading and correction services:
1. Academic Writing Proofreading Service
What is included in the proofreading service?
- Correction of spelling and punctuation
- Correction of basic grammar and sentence structure
- Incorrect word usage alteration
2. Academic Writing Correction Service
What is included in the essay correction service?
- You will receive everything that is included in the Proofreading Service (option 1) and
- Revision and correction of readability, coherence and cohesion
- Broadening lexical range (vocabulary)
- Use of quotations and mentions
- Appropriate tone and style
- Bonus: notes with advice on how to avoid mistakes which appear most frequently in your writing
3. Writing correction with personal consultation
Why use essay writing correction service with private lessons?
- You will receive everything that is included in the Correction Service Package
- You will have access to an experienced English language tutor and get a personal consultation on areas for improvement in your English writing skills as well as study tips. Alternatively, you can receive improvement advice in a letter, instead of a live consultation.
How to our Order Essay Correction and Proofreading Service Step-by-Step
- Buy a package of your choice
- Email your essays or text to us. Include information on: the purpose of work (e.g. where you are going to submit it, who is going to read it)
- Receive an answer within 1 week (5 working days)
- Optional: follow up with a one-on-one consultation or lesson over Skype or face-to-face
Academic proofreading and correction service packages
- Spelling and punctuation
- Basic grammar and structure
- Incorrect word usage
- 5 working days’ turnaround
- Proofread by a native English speaker
- Use within 30 days
- All from the Proofreading Package
- Readability, coherence and cohesion
- Lexical range
- Use of quotations and mentions
- Appropriate tone and style
- Suggestions on how to avoid mistakes
CORRECTION + CONSULTATION
- All from the Correction Package
- Individual consultation (Skype or face-to-face) or letter from an English language teacher
- Personalised advice on improving your English writing skills
- Use within 60 days
Examples of proofreading and correction work
Proofreading Correction Examples
Types of written work we can proofread or correct
We can review:
- Academic essays, assignments, dissertations, theses, coursework etc.
- Articles, research papers, proposals
- Content of websites, blog posts or blog articles, social media posts, leaflets, brochures and other promotional materials
- Business emails, letters, reports, Powerpoint presentations and other work-related writing
- Applications, admission essays, personal profiles, CVs and cover letters
Types of work we DO NOT provide:
- We do not proofread or correct entire books or e-books
- Content critique
- Layout formatting, except for CV layout and letter headings
- Plagiarism check
How it works – terms
- You send us your writing by email in a Word file
- We return your text in 5 working days (Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays)
- All work within one package must be submitted together
- If you buy more than one package you can submit all essays for each package separately. Essays from one package still need to be submitted together, e.g. 2.000 words in 1st submission, 2.000 words in 2nd submission.
- Proofreading and Correction packages must be used within 30 days
- Correction + Consultation package must be used within 60 days
- There are no refunds if you fail to submit your essays within the time limits
- You can cancel your purchase within 14 days if you have not yet sent us the essays
- One-on-one consultations and lessons can be scheduled Monday – Friday 9 am – 9 pm, Saturday – Sunday 9 am – 7 pm GMT
- One-to-one sessions can take place at Link School of English or via Skype
- There will be no re-assessments of the same work. To review the same text again you need to make a new booking.
- We reserve the right not to take on the work. In such a case we will issue a full refund.
- Link School Terms and Conditions are available at: T&C
FAQ about proofreader and corrector work
Who is going to proofread or correct my writing?
Our editors are native English speakers based in the UK. They are educated to the minimum of Bachelor’s degree and are qualified teachers of English as a foreign language.
What is different about your writing correction service?
The people reviewing your writing are professional teachers of English. This is what makes our editing service unique. The suggestions for improvement are made by a teacher trained in error correction for English language improvement. That’s why you will not only receive a corrected text but also comments which can help you learn and improve your English writing skills for the future. You can also book a face-to-face or Skype lesson to receive personalised and more detailed guidance on how to improve your writing.
Do you outsource work to others?
Is your service confidential?
Yes, 100%. We are registered with the ICO as a Data Commissioner. After the proofreading we delete your file from the computer. We never share your personal data with third parties and within our company only selected office staff have access to your personal and contact details.
Do you edit in US or UK English?
We are based in London, UK and we stick to the British English (UK).
Do you proofread manually
How do I know what changes have been made to my text?
Our proofreaders will use Word document change tracking, highlight the changes and write comments.
What is the difference between proofreading and correction?
Our proofreading service is more basic; the correction service is extended by suggestions on how to eliminate mistakes made in the text.
Proofreading includes correction of spelling and punctuation; basic grammar errors, word order (sentence structure), basic correction of wrong word usage.
Correction includes all from the proofreading service plus: readability, cohesion and coherence; lexical range improvement; use of quotations and mentions; usage of appropriate tone and style; layout (in the case of CVs and letters only); recommendations on how to improve overall flow; suggestions for improvement.